Thursday, December 8, 2011

night of 12/7/2011

i am high atop the cliff overlooking the cove. one of the creatures, something like a seal, has made the plunge into the water below, rocks tumbling along its scurry, and the predators hurry after. i've got d-- on the radio."it won't get much farther. over on the other shore, the hills are littered with their skeletons." i think of the expeditions i've taken, alone, deep into the wilderness there; the unending beauty of the valleys.shortly, d--: "try to guess where i am. bet you won't find me." i know he saw me on the cliff and can see me now, down among the buildings that squat like huge anthills, strung with metal catwalks and walkways. i am trying to triangulate his position when k-- appears, sudden, radiant."i'm not looking for you any more," i tell d--. k-- approaches and plants a kiss on my cheek by the corner of my mouth. it is electrifying. she is smiling and turns, walks away.

No comments: